We work with estate planning attorneys, financial advisers, CPAs, and other professionals to provide philanthropic advice to charitable clients.
The Lakewood Ranch Community Fund offers an opportunity for donors to make a charitable gift and receive an immediate tax benefit. The gift will be pooled with others to support the grant making work of the Fund.
Other donors may prefer to open their own charitable funds with Manatee Community Foundation. This allows donors to have personal choice and flexibility in how they give. Fund types include:
- Donor Advised Funds: allow donors to recommend grants from the funds they have established.
- Unrestricted Funds: provide discretionary income to respond quickly to pressing needs in our community.
- Field of Interest Funds: are directed to specific areas of need that have special meaning to the donor, such as children’s programs, arts education, the environment, aiding the homeless, etc.
- Scholarship Funds: help deserving young people and adults reach their dreams of higher education.
- Restricted Funds: provide perpetual support to specific charities that donors care about the most.
- Agency Endowment Funds: are established by nonprofit organizations to serve as everlasting endowments.
For more information about how MCF can help, contact Susie Bowie, Executive Director at SBowie@ManateeCF.org.